I am heading out on my annual "guys weekend" with a group of drunken friends tomorrow morning. Each year we pick a city where we can attend a MLB game on Friday night, a College Football game on Saturday, and an NFL game on Sunday. Past years have included Chicago, Detroit, Boston, and San Francisco. This year we have chosen Washington DC (Nats, Navy, and Redskins). T9 is going to have to pick up the loose pieces until Monday afternoon. In the mean time, it is time for the buffet...
1) When Zoltan Mesko is finished, Ray Guy will be a distant memory of an average punter and uninspired leader.
2) Charlie Weis walked without the aid of a cane or crutches on Tuesday. Apparently has found a new miracle cure for a torn ACL/MCL... cheeseburgers covered in gravy !!
3) There is some concern at Auburn about the arrival of the GameDay crew. Whatever.. just show me some more Tiger Girls and everything will be OK (NSFW warning).
4) Steven Threet is the QB starter against Wisconsin. If Nick Sheridan ever sees another down of meaningful football this season we are all doomed.
5) Not sure if anyone saw it... but Ohio State lost on Saturday night to USC. The natives are getting restless and starting to tear at their own skins. At this rate, Terrell Pryor is going to be the starting QB by the Purdue game.
6) Buckeye Doug Worthington is sorry that he was "a drunk" and "a loser".
7) Iowa players are tired of getting booed, by their own student section.
8) Former Sparty Mark Ingram rediscovers the pleasant sound of prison doors being closed behind you.
9) Speaking of Sparty... Javon Ringer is a legit Heisman candidate (until they lose a meaningless game to a random B10 team) and Seven MSU girls pose in the Playboy Big 10 issue (which has an SEC Florida Gator girl on the cover?). While I have not seen the issue (yet) -- somehow they found three UM females to put in the issue. This could be interesting...