Week 3 of the NFL season is complete. Somehow I went 2-0 in my two fantasy leagues, that has not happened in a very long time. Just last week my friends were joking that I am the 1976 Bucs of Fanstasy football. What happened around the league with former Michigan players ?
1) Brian Griese threw the ball 67 times and had 407 yards passing as the Tampa Bay Bucs beat the Bears in overtime. In his 14 year Hall of Fame career, Brian's Dad never threw for 400 yards in a game.
2) Amani Toomer had 5 catches against the Bengals, including a nice sideline grab in overtime. The NFL Champion Giants won and remain undefeated. The NFC East is stacked. The worst team in that division would win the others.
3) It looks like Brady Quinn may see the field sooner rather than later. Braylon Edwards and the Cleveland Browns continue to disappoint. Edwards had only 3 catches and the Browns lost in Baltimore. On sunday night I was wearing a Michigan T-Shirt and was heckled in Baltimore by tOSU fans wearing #17 Browns jerseys at the ESPN Zone near the stadium.
4) Bengals LB Dhani Jones followed up his 10 tackle performance last week with 12 tackles against the Giants. He leads the team in total tackles for the season.
5) Bengals RB Chris Perry scored his second career touchdown with a 25 yard run.
6) Lamar Woodley & Larry Foote each had a sack for the Steelers, but they lost to the Eagles.
7) Chad Henne got to play a little in the 4th quarter -- and the Dolphins crushed the Brady-less Pats.
7) The upcoming bye week is a blessing as it can't get much worse for the 0-3 Lions. How Matt Millen looks at himself in the mirror I have no idea ? Bill Ford Jr. says he would fire him. Pathetic.