Quick update on the former Wolverines playing on Sundays:
• Michigan has several contributing offensive linemen in the NFL this season. #1 pick Jake Long starts for the Dophins. Jeff Backus starts for the Lions. Jonathan Goodwin starts for the Saints. Steve Hutchinson starts for the Vikings. Jon Runyan starts for the Eagles. Jon Jansen (sometimes) starts for the Redskins. David Baas is a backup for the 49ers. (You are welcome T9).
• Pittsburgh LB LaMarr Woodley made four tackles, two sacks and one fumble recovery to help the Steelers defeat the Bengals, 38-10. Woodley is in fourth place in the NFL with 7.5 sacks.
• Bengals LB Dhani Jones "only" had five tackles, but increased his league-best tackle total to 65.
• Trailing by three with three seconds remaining, Jets kicker Jay Feely connected on a season-long 52-yard field goal to send the game into overtime.
• Colts CB Marlin Jackson posted nine solo stops in a loss to the Green Bay Packers.
• Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards grabbed four passes for 58 yards.
• New York Giants WR Amani Toomer caught three passes for 31 yards.
• Indianapolis Colts rookie RB Mike Hart had surgery on his right knee after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament last weekend against the Baltimore Ravens. Hart is now on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season.