In the whirl wind of christmas activity -- I forgot to do the weekly Wolverines in the NFL update:
• Cincinnati Bengals CB Leon Hall scored his first career touchdown when he intercepted a pass in front of former teammate Braylon Edwards and returned it 50 yards to the endzone -- helping the Bengals shut out the Cleveland Browns, 14-0. Hall intercepted three passes in the game, his only interceptions this season.
• Browns WR Braylon Edwards did make four catches and 35 receiving yards in the losing effort to the Bengals. The Browns offense makes the Baby Jesus cry.
• Philadelphia Eagles WR Jason Avant made 2 catches in a tough loss at Washington.
• Green Bay Packers Pro Bowl CB Charles Woodson had another interception and returned it 22 yards to set up a crucial fourth quarter field goal, but the Packers managed to lose the Chicago Bears in overtime, 20-17. I am hoping they will just stay rolled over for the Lions on Sunday.
• Pittsburgh Steelers LB Larry Foote made a season best six tackles during a 31-14 loss to the Tennessee Titans. SI cover boy LaMarr Woodley added 3 tackles.
• Arizona Cardinals DT Gabe Watson made a career high eight tackles as the Cardinals dropped a 47-7 decision to the New England Patriots. Cardinal WR Steve Breaston only had one catch in the game.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers FB B.J. Askew crossed the goal line for the second time of his career, scoring on a one-yard carry in a 41-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers.
• New York Jets kicker Jay Feely converted a 20-yard field goal attempt in the first quarter, the 200th field goal of his NFL career. Jets LB David Harris made four tackles to reach the 200+ career tackles in only his second season. Jets CB Ty Law made 3 tackles. The Jets lost to the Seahawks.
• New York Giants WR Amani Toomer did not let his car insurance lapse or have his home searched by police, but he did have 2 catches against the Panthers. His Giants secured playoff home field advantage with the win.