Here is the final NFL regular season update on former Wolverines:
• Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Steve Breaston grabbed five passes for 91 yards and one touchdown. He passed the 1,000 receiving yards milestone in only his second season in the NFL. He had a career-high 77 passes for 1,006 yards and three touchdowns this season. Not bad for a skinny kid drafted to return punts.
• Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Leon Hall and linebacker Dhani Jones registered a team-high eight tackles during a 16-6 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Hall finished the season with a career-high 75 tackles and three interceptions (returning one pick for his first career touchdown). Jones led the Bengals with 116 tackles, six tackles for loss and one interception during the 2008 season.
• New York Giants WRs Mario Manningham and Amani Toomer each had 2 catches as the Giants lost a meaningless game to the Vikings.
• Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards only had one catch for 5 yards, as the Browns season came to a merciful end. The Browns failed to score an offensive touchdown in their last 6 games.
• Green Bay Packers Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Woodson had three tackles and one interception in a 31-21 victory over the hapless Detroit Lions. Woodson amassed 62 tackles, seven interceptions and two touchdowns this season.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Cato June posted a season-high nine tackles during a 31-24 loss to the Oakland Raiders.
• Twelve former Michigan players on NFL playoff rosters: Pittsburgh Steelers linebackers Larry Foote and LaMarr Woodley. Miami Dolphins backup quarterback Chad Henne and offensive tackle Jake Long. New York Giants wide receivers Mario Manningham and Amani Toomer. Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Alan Branch, wide receiver Steve Breaston and defensive tackle Gabe Watson. Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Jason Avant and offensive tackle Jon Runyan. Minnesota Vikings Pro Bowl offensive guard Steve Hutchinson.