This is a magical time of the year for sports. NHL & NBA playoffs, baseball season, and College spring games and the NFL draft. There are just too many things going to avoid an unhealthy trip to the buffet palace. Put on your best Hawaiian shirt, but make sure you don't tuck it in, you will need the room.
- Morgan Trent and Terrance Taylor were drafted yesterday in the NFL draft. Terrance went in the 4th round to the Indianapolis Colts. Morgan went in the 6th round to the Cincinnati Bengals.
- The Lions had a chance to take either Laurinaitis or Maualuga in the 2nd Round. Instead they took a defensive back from Western Michigan. Ugggggggggg.
- Abilene Christian had more players picked in the NFL draft than Miami & Notre Dame.
- More the 95,000 people came out the watch the Ohio State Spring Game. Everyone that cares says that Terrell Pryor looked good. From the looks of the picture above, Coach Tressel did not. Yikes.
- The Red Wings swept the Columbus Blue Jackets in their first round NHL playoff matchup. Yeah, we own Ohio.
- Lebron James (and the Cavs) swept the Detroit Pistons in their first round NBA playoff matchup. Boo, Ohio owns us.
- Braylon Edwards is still a Cleveland Brown. At least one Ohio writer thinks this is a good thing. Given Braylon's high maintenance ego, I can't imagine this is not going to be distraction in training camp.
- Crazy finish yesterday in the NASCAR race. Michigan native Brad Keselowski wins his first Sprint Cup race (in his 5th start).
- Roger Clemens continues to flush his reputation down the toilet. This time it involves a Detroit stripper and a wannabe porn star named Abby Rode.