I've been watching a LOT of sports these past few weeks: Womens' College World Series, NHL Hockey, NBA Playoffs, Tigers Baseball, Horse Racing etc etc. Every time I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to coaches, players, and announcers I become filled with remorse that I didn't become any of the above. Seriously. I can talk with the best of 'em. You know why? Because there are really only about 100 or so combinations of buzz-words and key-phrases that get repeated over and over and over.
Think about it. Here, lemme start the list off with these gems.
1. We gotta take 'em one at a time (games, pitches, races, innings, whatever)
2. It's a make-or-break moment
3. We have to put that behind us and move on
4. We rallied but it just wasn't enough
5. I have a lot of respect for them/him/her etc.
6. Any use of the word Commanding
7. Down the stretch
8. Gotta keep your head in the game
9. Focused on our goals
10. Find out what we're made of
Please add your favorites in the comments below!!!!