I went to the game on Saturday. It was a great day. I was more than pleased with the enthusiasm and offensive improvement from last year. As I did last year, I carried my camera inside the stadium to capture some images. For those of you that don't know, I am a pretty serious photographer. I have some nice gear. The camera I used, while a couple of years old, is still very good. I estimate I have shot over 100,000 pictures with this body over the last 4 years. Never had a problem.
So I am sitting in my seats in section one in the second quarter. Michigan gets the ball after an EMU punt at their 10 yard line. I turn to my friend and jokingly say "I think a 90 yard Carlos Brown burst would be nice right here..." and aim my lens and start shooting....
1. Tate hands the ball off to Carlos Brown.
2. Carlos Brown speeds through the massive hole created by the OLine untouched
3. EMU's saftey (#4) comes up to provide run support
4. The run supporting EMU saftey realizes he has taken the wrong angle
5. The run supporting EMU saftey is on the ground while another EMU defensive back attempts to help
6. It doesn't matter, Carlos Brown is fast
7. Really fast
8. REALLY REALLY fast
9. As Brown crosses the goal line, it appears as if his super-sonic waves have entered my trusty camera...you can see a white streak on this image
10. The problem gets worse as the shutter continues to churn
11. The mechanics inside the camera start to disenegrate as I unknowingly keep firing away
12. Hello new camera