I watched a lot of games yesterday.But many of the games weren't decided by the players. Oh no. The zebras were the big story yesterday.
Where to start?
1) Notre Dame vs. SDSU: bogus and missed calls all over the place in favor of the Domers. Why I'm surprised is beyond me. And the Emu's hair for sure earned a flag that wasn't thrown....
2) Miami vs. Florida: Incomplete pass to Moore called incomplete on the field but reversed on the replay. Fine, his elbow touched in bounds but I thought you also had to have possession to make it a catch?????
3) Washington vs. BYU: excessive celebration call on Locker when he scores the potential game winning TD pushing the PAT attempt back 15 yards---BLOCKED. Game lost. NCAA Football Rule 9-2, Article 1(a)(1)(d) prohibits "Any delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves)"; in addition, Rule 9-2, Article 1(a)(2) asserts that "After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot." Whatever. The kid tossed the ball exhuberently over his shoulder as he scored what could have been a game-tying play. Let 'em play.
What do you all think??????
10 comments:
We watched the same games all day.
1) The Washington call was idiodic. BUT... that extra point would have been blocked at the 3 yard line as well. The interior Huskie line just collapsed and it had nothing to do with how far away they were.
2) Florida catch: The elbow was in bounds, he had the ball, the ground caused the ball to come out. It really didn't matter because Miami wasn't gonna score any more than 3 points.
3) Notre Dame is Notre Dame.
oh yeah, nice zebra porn picture.
Notre Dame proved to me it won't just have a losing record. They'll be lucky to get five wins unless Cheeseburger continues to pay multiple bribes to the refs.
I'm pretty sure excessive celebration has to involve something either incredibly unsportsmanlike or just incredibly flamboyant. This was like two or three players celebrating a TD, which is normal. I guess the refs want the sheltered kids at BYU who don't know how to let themselves out think it's not okay for anyone to do it.
Excessive celebration has been a bullshit penalty for years. They should scratch it in and just stick to using the "unsportsmanlike conduct" penalty if a player or players should "celebrate" too "excessively" in the endzone. After almost every touchdown in college you can see a ref run up to the players with his hand on his flag just itching to throw it. Probably counting the number of high fives and after a certain amount then the flag comes out automatically. I don't know what it is but they have to remember that most of these players are still just kids and especially now with the way games are so hyped up why shouldn't they be able to let it out a little. If they cross the line fine but hardly ever is there any crossing the line unless it is intentional.
it's all about momentum andy and that florida call killed the momentum for miami.
and I'm betting that the excessive celebration penalty got in the heads of U-dub's line thus allowing for the block....
but, I hear you, if you can't execute you can't win....
case and point??
the.
lions.
Can you change that zebra picture to Tom Brady's knee?
I hate the celebration penalty. They apply it so arbitrarily. Usually against the underdog or something. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the NCAA refs are as crooked as the NBA refs. But then I see so many non-calls that it makes me wonder if it's just incompetence.
One final "picture is worth a thousand words" regarding the piss poor blocking by the Washington line. Bad call or not, this PAT was doomed.
One more thing, although I think there is poor officiating, I rarely will say that officials cost such and such team the game. Good teams are able to rise above poor officiating. But I suppose it's easier for fans of a team to point at the one bad call than the 10 times their quarterback was sacked.
Post a Comment