When you beat a team NINE times in a row, there is a natural inclination to look at their 81 year old football coach with nostalgic pity. He looks like this nice old grandfather type.Don't be fooled, the guy routinely put up 50+ points against kids going to Vietnam in the 1970's. Paterno has a history of running up the score on lesser opponents, and I don't expect him to call off the dogs until the final whistle blows on Saturday.
1968 Maryland: 57-13
1970 Navy: 55-7
1971 Navy: 56-3
1973 Army: 54-3
1974 Wake Forest: 55-0
1978 TCU: 58-0
1980 Colgate: 54-10
1982 NC State: 54-0
1991 Cincinnati: 81-0
1991 West Virginia: 51-6
1992 Eastern Michigan: 52-7
1992 Pitt: 57-13
1994 Iowa: 61-21
1995 Rutgers: 59-34
1995 Temple: 66-14
1996 N. Illinois: 49-0
1996 Temple: 41-0
1997 Louisville: 57-21
1999 Akron: 70-24
2002 Michigan State: 61-7
2002 Nebraska: 40-7
2002 Northwestern: 49-0
2003 Indiana: 52-7
2005 Illinois: 63-10
2006 Temple: 47-0
5 comments:
don't forget that in the '95 Rutgers game, leading 52-34 w/ less than a minute to play, PSU thru a long TD pass to jacke the score to 59 (Rutgers coach thru a hissy fit/Paterno claimed it was a mix up in play calling).
on the other hand, we were dawgs @ home back in 2005. we managed to keep that close (smirk).
hope springs eternal.
I would consider it a HUGE moral victory if we put up 34 points against them.
"I would consider it a HUGE moral victory if we put up 3 points against them."
I edited your statement Andy to represent my own personal feelings on the game. Thankfully I will be at Boo at the Zoo with my little duck and not home abusing my liver with alcohol. But I am recording the game and will most likely be watching it on fast forward.
we are just going to have to take our beat down like 'men'....
as opposed to Cartman, who is a complete pussy....
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/188250/?tab=playlist
I will be pleased if we can keep the game "close" and not getting totally blown out.
Post a Comment