Saturday, April 25, 2009

Open Thread: NFL DRAFT DAY

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions pick Matthew Stafford from Georgia. 41.7 million guaranteed bills have sealed the deal for the next 5 years. The overall deal, which has been inked, is worth up to 78 mil..........

Oh, and he's 21 years old.

Guess the Fords didn't need stimulus dollars to get this done. If ticket prices go up I'm gonna riot.

10 comments:

Andy said...

I am OK with this pick. The Lions need a QB and he is the best one out there in this class.

NFL playoff teams are made in rounds 3-5. You have to get quality guys at that level to make a difference.

Bigasshammm said...

Tim Couch says never pick a QB in the first round. Tom Brady laughs at your choice. Seriously though I can't stand draft day. What a horrible boring snooze fest. I'll wait till next week and go on for 15 minutes and look at who was selected where and by whom instead of waste an entire weekend watching horrible TV. I never could understand why this was on TV and why so many people get into it.

TitleIX said...

mostly I like hearing Mel Kiper and the other talking heads rip on all the draftees.

it's like sorority rush.
without the crying.

Mikoyan said...

I gave up on the Lions last year and this pick doesn't change things for me.

Tom C said...

Andy, please bolt T9's couch to the floor.

Bigasshammm said...

I did enjoy the year that Brady Quinn sat there and was ridiculed by the nation. Then the Browns drafted him and I cried a little.

Andy said...

Lions take OK State TE Brandon Pettigrew with their 2nd pick of the 1st round ?

Need to get a MLB and some offensive linemen

Andy said...

3 picks left in the 1st round (Titans, Cardinals, Steelers) and Beanie Wells is still out there.

Yikes

Mikoyan said...

I don't know, the Lions have some pretty offensive linemen.....Don't they lead the league in sacks given up or something like that?

GoBlueBob said...

Mikoyan.... I gave up on the lions about two decades ago and do not even care about them. Also, I am not sure how pretty the offensive linemen are but they sure do suck.