Saturday, May 02, 2009

Derby Day! Sport? Not a Sport????

Slim sports pickin's for this girl this time of the year. Once upon a time I could at least watch the USFL. sigh. Oh sure, I'm jazzed about the Red Wings and I try to care about baseball, but even that is a reach for me. Michigan softball is kickin' butt and takin' names, but in all actuality there isn't a whole lot for me to blog about.....
so me and my TiVo are enjoying the new season of Deadliest Catch (and Make Me A Supermodel).

But somehow today is some kinda huge national holiday. Kentucky Derby Day. Fancy Hats. Fancy Pants. Fast horses. And mint juleps????? As Andy's son might say: "gay" (not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Once upon a time, I was all about the Derby---mainly because I love horses and think that they are beautiful animals and intelligent creatures. Oh, and really really ripped. But now, with all the doping, dying, and break downs going on I feel like horse racing is more a kin to greyhound racing and that the ASPCA should be shutting these races down.
On the otherhand, horses race for about a year, can make millions of dollars for their owners by winning, and then spend the rest of their lives as studs---you know, horse gigolos (cue David Lee Roth) raking in the bucks for *&^%s. (sorry couldn't resist the illiteration).

Now lest you think this is going to be yet another one of my rants about nothing, let me assure you that I have tried to figure out how you, our dear blogmates, could find some joy in Derby Day.

Hopefully you will be happy with the results:

3 comments:

Andy said...

I don't pay any attention to horse racing. I think I have watched the Derby one or twice in my life.

I do find it funny that you wrote this entire post only to draw readers onto the "sex seat" video. Nice work.

TitleIX said...

we aim to please
I know what sells.... ;-)

Bigasshammm said...

I just finally watched that video and while it makes me think "sybian" I didn't enjoy the video until I saw the cat and then I laughed my ass off.