It has been a while since we have had a Spawn Fantasy Football update. The regular season ended with six teams advancing to the playoffs. At this point, I think it is important to recognize both the Bursely Busses and the 9 Finger Freaks as the only two teams in the league to not advance. It is pretty hard to not make one of the six spots in an eight team league, but they did it. Both of these franchises displayed an incredible amount of fantasy football stupidity throughout the season. BRAVO !
The top two teams got a "bye" last week (Defenstrators and Smooth Operators). Congrats to both of those teams for dominating our league. If there is any interest, I would like introduce you to the owner of the Detroit Lions. He can use your help.Last week we had two playoff games to decide who moves on to play the leaders. Game #1 featured He Hate Me led by Peyton Manning against Sleeping with the Enemy led by Donovan McNabb. Big point days by Manning, Chad Ochocinco, and Adrian Peterson made this one a blow out. Sleeping with the Enemy could not overcome the mountain of points despite the heroic efforts of McNabb and Reggie Wayne.
This game is a perfect example of why I never want to play fantasy football again. I know this will anger many fantasy football players, but what is the point? Reggie Wayne delivers a big day for one team, but it doesn't matter because Peyton Manning gets a bunch of points for the opposing team. I would much rather root for teams than individual players. He Hate Me advances to play #1 seed Defenstrators with a 116-90 win.
Game #2 featured Zoltan's Heros against BigAssHam. This one was a little closer, but Brett Favre let BAH down while Phillip Rivers and Jamal Charles both posted 20+ points for Zoltan. 102-90.How ironic is it that BigAssHam is defeated by a random average NFL player having a huge game against the Cleveland Browns -- and the Browns win? Zoltan moves on and will face #2 seed Smooth Operators.
2 comments:
A Pox on the house of the Colts. I hope they choke in their first game of the playoffs. Sitting Peyton and just about everyone else........
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention that in our first week of the playoffs I had Aaron Rodgers and his 37 points and Jerome harrison and 48 points on the bench. Oh well.
Post a Comment