Saturday, January 09, 2010

NFL Playoffs

Now that the college football season is really over, I need to turn my attention to something until baseball arrives. The good news is the NFL playoffs start today and will run until early February. I will only have a couple of weeks of watching hockey before the college baseball season starts down here in Texas.

According to MGoBlue.com, Michigan's 24 NFL playoff players/coaches is the largest for any school. Not bad for an irrelevant football program scratching and clawing to get back to a mid-December bowl game.

Not that I ever need a reason to cheer for the demise of Jerry Jones, but the only NFL team with out some sort of Wolverine representation is the Dallas Cowboys.

Games today:
4:30 EST. New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals.
The Jets have Kicker Jay Feely, LB David Harris, and WR Braylon Edwards. The Bengals have TE Carson Butler, LB Dhani Jones, CB Morgan Trent, and CB Leon Hall.

8:00 EST. Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys.
The Eagles have WR Jason Avant. The Cowboys suck.

Games on Sunday:
1:00 EST. Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots.
The Ravens have Assistant coach Andy Moeller and LB Prescott Burgess. The Patriots have LB Shawn Crable (injured), LB Pierre Woods, and QB Tom Brady.

4:40 EST. Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals.
The Packers have Assistant coach Mike Trgovac and all around badass Charles Woodson. The Cardinals have DT Gabe Watson, DT Alan Branch, and WR Stevie Breaston.

Hail !

11 comments:

James Shirley said...

meanie head

Bigasshammm said...

Braylon made the not top ten on Sportscenter the other day when Sanchez obviously called a hot route on a blitz and Braylon never picked up on it so he was hit in the kidney with the ball while he was engaged blocking.
Moron

whetstonebuck said...

I'll ignore the slam on the Cowboys.

Off Topic - I just watched the pizza turnaround video by Domino's Pizza out of Ann Arbor. I was moved, I was encouraged, I was in awe. I will try their pizza. However, that is minor to what I'm thinking. Why don't your booster folks go after the Domino execs and have them redo your football image? Holy Toledo, Batman. If I can be moved by a chain pizza company headquartered in AA (curse, ptui) just think what it would do for your program.

That is all.

surrounded in columbus said...

Whets,

haven't you heard? the M Athletic Dept has a new slogan. yup, they listened to the critics and they've responded:


"5-7 tastes like cardboard"

whetstonebuck said...

SiC,

Guess I'm late to the party...as usual.

TitleIX said...

Bengals, Eagles, Patriots, Pack

TitleIX said...

Jay Feely = Jets MVP
punt, kick, placekick
will he pass too???

srudoff said...

Thought it was "if we're not out of the game in 30 minutes, you get your money back"?

Andy said...

Whet, why does it come as no surprise to me you are are Cowboys fan ?

I am sure you cheer for the Yankees also.

Ohio State, Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees = Andy's triangle of death.

whetstonebuck said...

Andy,

More shocking is the fact that you are not a Cowboy's fan. You live in the promised land.

This may make you feel a bit better: I hate the Yankees.

Actually, I'm not an NFL fan. Much too predictable and mechanical for me.

I was a Cowboys fan until Jerry Jones bought the team. On that day, I quit following the NFL. If forced to root for a team I always default to the Cowboys. By the way, I'm a Texan by birth. I didn't buy my citizenship.

TitleIX said...

T9===
oh for three on her picks

this is why she no pick da bowl games