As a rule, we avoid recruiting here. I continue to see no upside in talking about high school kids before they ever play a down of college football. But this one is just to wacky to pass up.... plus he is not a high schooler, yet.
Late last week, Lane Kiffin and USC secured the verbal commitment from a 13 year old. Yes, I typed a 13 year old. This kid is not even in high school yet. He is 13. Apparently he has out of this world skills. He is 13. He looks like a hall of famer in the highlight video. He is 13. He is already breaking down NFL film. He is 13. He is already six feet tall. He is 13.
Who wants to take bets that Lane Kiffin will even still be the USC football coach in 5 years ?
I've played and watched a lot of sports in my life. I can't tell you the number of middle school all stars I've seen turn into non-factors in high school. I actually feel sorry for the kid. The paint on the bulls-eye won't even be dry in 2015, the year he is scheduled to arrive on USC's campus. He doesn't have any idea what his parents and personal (Dream Maker) QB coach just did to him. He now has to make it through 8th grade without getting injured or simply getting bored of football. Then high school begins, and all that entails.
This is sad. Some one needs to introduce these people to Todd Marinovich.
Saturday, February 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment