The first round is history, but there is still plenty of NFL draft fun out there.Congrats to Brandon Graham on being selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round. Just when I was getting ready to stop watching McNabb-less Eagles games they do this to me. BG jersey's are already being sold, but number 55 is already taken by Eagles LB Stewart Bradley, so we don't know what BG's new number will be.
It was also a great first day for the Detroit Lions. Both Suh and Best should help make them a better team.
9 comments:
Let's just hope the fans don't puke on him. I would have loved to have him in Cleveland but the fans would never have given him a chance. Was an interesting draft. Has there ever been that many defensive players selected in the first round? It seems every pick was a DE DT or secondary player. I'm still holding the hope that Cleveland doesn't pick Clausen in their next pick. If they do you will probably hear me in Michigan yell the F word.
I honestly think that Jimmah will be a better NFL QB than Brady Quinn turned out to be.
That being said, the Browns taking him would be a funny re-duex...
Neither is a good NFL fit. And Jimmah with his Burger King small hands is never going to have a lucrative career. I'd much rather see McCoy as a Brown and let him run a Wildcat type play unlike the Josh Cribbs version were he's actually capable of throwing the ball.
The Lions are getting scary honestly.
McCoy as a wildcat QB? Not a chance.
Living here in Austin, I have seen the kid play a couple of times over the last four years. Smart kid. Very nice touch and accuracy. Not very big or super fast.
The Lions have been scary for a long time. Maybe they can actually start winning some games.
ESPN has the Browns taking Claussen in the mock round 2 I just read.
maybe he'll pick 31
the reverse of his # in the draft??
He will have to wear a number in the 50s (if he is listed as a LB) or 60-90s (if he is listed as a defensive end).
The NFL has very strict rules about what numbers can be worn. If you remember, Anthony Carter had to wear #81 when he played in the NFL because wide receivers could not wear single digit numbers.
Zoltan to the Patriots. There is now no cooler team in the NFL.
I wasn't following all that closely but did Warren NOT get drafted?
Stevie Brown taken in the 7th round by the Oakland Raiders.
Not drafted:
Carlos Brown
Kevin Grady
Greg Mathews
Tim McAvoy
Brandon Minor
David Moosman
Mark Ortmann
Donovan Warren
Kinda surprised someone did not take a chance on Brandon Minor. I bet Donovan Warren feels like an idiot today. The person that convinced him he was ready and to leave school early should be arrested.
Post a Comment