Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Little Man, Big Hart

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Mike Hart made his NFL preseason debut this weekend with the Colts. And, yes while he still has yet to win a football game in Ohio (the Colts lost to the Redskins in Canton) -- he looked pretty good when he did get to play. For the record: 53 yards on 4 rushing attempts and caught 3 passes for 28 yards.

Check out his highlights here.

Realistically, Hart has very little chance to make it with the Colts -- he is the #5 RB on their depth chart. But... I do know a certain NFL team in Detroit that could use a hard running / trash talking gnome to spark up the offense.

3 comments:

Catie said...

Nice highlights, even the announcers were impressed with him.

I am looking forward to watching Hart, Henne, and Long this year in the NFL. Did you all see the article about Long having a little scuffle with one of the defensive guys in Miami? Apparently he kept shutting this guy down and the guy was frustrated with that and threw a punch (or two) at Long, who of course didn't hit back.

Andy said...

Yes, I saw the article (check out the buffet table from last thursday).

Of course Long did not hit back - he would have crushed the chest or head of Phillip Merling (Clemson).

Catie said...

oops! I knew I read it somewhere! :o) I was very impressed that he did not hit back!!