Thanks to T9 for getting out the Greg Robinson version of "Know your Coach" so quickly. As I said in the comments section, regardless of how GR performed as the head man at Syracuse -- the man does have some success as a defensive coordinator. I am willing to give RR the benefit of the doubt for now.But of course that won't stop me from poking a little fun at this hire.
Here is a brief snapshot of the interview transcript:
RR: For God's sake, Mr. Robinson, here we are, you've got me into your house. You give me a drink. You put on music, now you start opening up your personal life to me and tell me your wife won't be home for hours.
Mr. ROBINSON: So?
RR: Mr. Robinson - you are trying to seduce me.... (gulp) Aren't you?
Mr. ROBINSON: Why no. I hadn't thought of it. I feel rather flattered that you...
RR: Mr. Robinson, will you forgive me for what I just said?
Mr. ROBINSON: It's all right.
------------------------------------------------
Note 1: For those of you that have never seen the movie "The Graduate" -- do yourself a favor and add it to your Netflix queue. It is a classic and this post will make a lot more sense.
Note 2: While I was researching for this post, I was shocked to find out that the "leg" in the original movie poster was not that of Anne Bancroft (Mrs. Robinson) - but rather a (at the time) unknown model named Linda Gray. She went on to act in the hit TV Series "Dallas".
7 comments:
I have just one word for you.
Plastics.
SiC
I knew it was coming... I just didn't imagine it would come so quickly.
Bravo.
coo coo kachoo
The following were borrowed from the Internet Movie Database.
1. The movie's line "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me, aren't you?" was voted as the #5 of "The 100 Greatest Movie Lines" by Premiere in 2007.
2. Within a year of the movie's release, plastic manufacturing companies became enormously successful. Many people attribute this to Walter Brooke's quote about "plastics". Brooke himself once told his nephew that he would have invested in plastics, if he had known that the remark would lead to such success.
The Internet Movie Database also has the information about Linda Gray being the "leg".
Andy,
now that the term "cougar" and "cougaring" has entered the lexicon of slang...this movie was the Genesis of the term.
I'm just saying...
How ironic that many OSU players have seen "The Graduate" but never did graduate themselves.
Post a Comment