ESPN is reporting that one of my all-time favorite Ohio State football players has a new blogging hobby (HT: Spawn reader Ron) from his jail cell. Welcome to my world of addiction Maurice, let me know if you need any cute photoshop work done.As it turns out Inmate #A529720 does not have an internet connection in his cell at the Toledo Correctional Institution so he improvises and phones in his content to a family member and they turn around and post it. Maybe I can set up that arrangement with T9 - it certainly would help get my wife to stop bitching at me about being on the computer all hours of the night.
I spent some time reading his stuff this morning. I have to say it sounds like Maurice's time in prison has made him a more mature and reflective person. Yesterday's entry offered this:
”I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.”
You can read more from Maurice here. I am also going to add a link to our links section for easy future access. How much of his content is edited for effect I have no idea. It really is much deeper than I would have expected from a former dumb football player turned felon. But rather than mock him because he wore the enemies colors, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and pray that he will emerge from this cell a productive member of society.
9 comments:
I'll do just about anything as a sports fanatic but even I draw the line at reading the prison blog of an ex-tUOS felon.
Phil:
Open your mind and free your soul.
clarett blog: "like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of ours lives"
phil: "awwwww sweet and poetic, gosh Andy was right except my soul feels like its been through Charlie Weis' lower colon."
"...my soul feels like its been through Charlie Weis' lower colon."
AAAaaaarRrgGGgHHhhhhHhh!
phil needs a time out...or a swirly.
That mental image has forced me to poke out my minds eye with a stick.
Methinks objects come out of Charlie Tuna's lower colon with speed and purpose.
ewwww.
that image is a conversation killer right there.
ok--so while I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to ridicule Maurice Clarett, I can't......
if you read his comments, you will be impressed by his thoughts, his intelligence, and maybe even remorse???
anyway---I hope that these comments are the real deal and that he really can get his life back together.
there.
I said it.
I'm rooting for this particular former buckeye.
and, no, I never did put odds on Art Schlichter.....
Andy,
Once again, I applaud your efforts.
I am a WalMart Wolverine Football season ticket holder since 1995 and I approve this message.
I'm just saying...
"What they say about dropping the soap is true...."
"Well at least now I know that having an AK-47 in your front seat is illegal"
"Damn...I should have stayed in school and kept the boosters happy..."
"TRESSEL!!!!!!!!!"
"Well at least now I know that having an AK-47 in your front seat is illegal"
Not here--barring certain Federal installations. One of the benefits of living in the wild west.
Put a nice pistol-grip on my Mossberg last night.
Post a Comment