I fell in to a burning ring of fireI went down, down, down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns, burns, burns
The ring of fire
The ring of fire.
~ Johnny Cash
Tonight is the night. Couches, sofas, and ottomans throughout the state capital area brace themselves for the title game tonight. I guess either way these innocent pieces of furniture are screwed. Spartans win: things will burn. Spartans lose: things will burn.
East Lansing Police claim they are prepared. They are going to have 230 officers on duty tonight. As if that will make any difference. Following Sunday's win East Lansing Police Chief Tom Wilbert remarked "We had a peaceful celebration of a great MSU win, I am proud that our students celebrated with class, and I am proud of the way that our officers handled this situation."
Yes, really classy. According to the same article East Lansing Police arrested about 60 people that night. A normal East Lansing night yeilds 10 to 15 arrests. Celebrating Sparty fans were arrested for a variety of offenses, including throwing objects, indecent exposure, attempted arson and assault. Several couches were set on fire shortly after MSU's win, but according to police, they were quickly extinguished and placed back into their homes for tonights game.You stay classy East Lansing.
15 comments:
actually, the couches may have been given a reprieve courtesy of mother nature....
it snowed up here overnight.
in April.
I had to shovel this morning.
guh.
F that. I won't be watching minute one of this as I could care less.
I think the couches are in more danger than ever with the cold weather. They will need something to keep the crowds warm at Cedar Village.
ahh. good point Andy.
stay tuned for tomorrow's women's game: undefeated UConn vs. first timers Louisville!
and, of course the Frozen Four is this weekend.
I noticed that 60% of MSU's starting lineup is from Ohio
men vs. boys right now...
24-8 UNC with 13:16 left in the 1st half
41 Down, LA Times Daily Crossword Puzzle
7 letters
Trounces
as in a 20 point lead midway thru the first half......
It's amazing....
The answer is:
WALLOPS
I watched 30 seconds of the game (too much baseball on TV to waste any time on Sparty).
I am not ashamed to say that I am glad they got beat. F them. F their fans.
I'm happy for their defeat because it means $205 in my office pool...:)
And Bro O'Swami wins the tournament challenge with 1560 points.
That's 99.5% correct.
With a ranking of 23,676 overall.
impressive!!!!
Sparty took one heckuva good spankin'. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEcGqaoKTjM&feature=related
"I'm happy for their defeat because it means $205 in my office pool...:)"
mikoyan- what does that leave you after the 90% tax?
90% of of 205.....Is about $180....so about $25, I guess...
Post a Comment