Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun with Tilt-Shift

Before my friend T9 convinced me to "participate" in her "I think I want to start a blog..." venture -- I had other hobbies that I was actually able to concentrate on and enjoy. One of them was sports photography.

A couple of weeks ago, I carried my camera into Michigan Stadium. I wanted to shoot some "wide angle" images to capture the scale of the on-going construction project.

Today I was on a critically important conference call and started re-reading an article on Tilt-Shift photography. In general, it is a photography technique that makes your subject look like a miniature version of itself. Professional tilt-shift lenses cost real money, and my wife has denied all requests for additional funding until I get published in Sports Illustrated. So I found a simple photoshop tutorial so I could fake it.

The original image can be viewed here.

5 comments:

TitleIX said...

amazing

see, where would you be able to share your brilliance with others? for free no less??? ;-)

surrounded in columbus said...

Andy,
whatever your hobbies were before this, i can't imagine you were as good at them as you are at this.

it's your true calling and we all appreciate you making the switch.

phil said...

Andy, that is a nice job. Now correct me if I'm wrong. In reading your blog, your wife has given you permission to do the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue?
That's the way I interpret it. You are THE MAN!

Tom C said...

Bit late on this but thanks Andy for serving. I was in Charleston SC Sunday for the parade.

Bigasshammm said...

That makes it look like one of those vibrating football games. The original picture is fantastic though. I would pay "real money" for a blown up version of it to hang on the wall. Keep up the good work. And have you contacted MI about a possible position?