Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wallpaper Wednesday: The Team



This weeks
Wallpaper Wednesday selection focuses on Bo Schembechler's famous "THE TEAM" speech. In 77 seconds, he uses the word “team” 15 times.

This season has not gone as well as Michigan fans had planned. The most impressive thing has been how this team, despite the losses has stayed together and continued to play hard.

Better days are ahead.

6 comments:

TitleIX said...

PUT ME IN COACH!!!!!!!

Mikoyan said...

Somehow reminds me of
l'audace...toujours l'audace

Andy said...

Translation: Audacity, audacity, always audacity.

This was General George Patton’s motto for the men under his command in the Third Army as they rapidly outmaneuvered and pushed back the German army in WWII France.

Shorty the Beachcomber said...

I believe it was Frederick the Great who originally coined the phrase. Patton knew it because he was such an avid reader and military historian. One of my all time personal favorite military heroes.

By the way, Veterans' Day was also General Patton's birthday! He would have turned 123 years old. Originally called Armistice Day, the most depressing day of his life was when the peace treaty was signed on his birthday in 1918.

Money Matters: His family once owned half of what is today Orange County Cali, and all of Catalina Island!

Mikoyan said...

yes it was Patton channeling Frederick the Great.

Did not know that Veteran's/Armistice Day was his birthday. Nor did I know the Orange County thing. I did know that he was pretty rich though.

Anywho....I guess Patton is appropriate for this since Bo was called General George Patton Shembechler by Ufer.

Bigasshammm said...

In a weird Bo sort of way I picked up a hardcover copy of BO at my local Goodwill a few weeks ago and just started reading it last night. I love to thrift stores and that because you can find gem books like that and tey only cost like 50 cents each.