Saturday, March 07, 2009

Boz Busted

Former Oklahoma All American (and infamous NFL bust) Brian Bosworth was arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning for allegedly driving his Harley Davidson under the influence of alcohol. The arrest happened at 3:30AM, adding yet another example (I think this is now number 432 ?) on why nothing ever good happens on the streets past 1AM.

Sources state that THE BOZ was initially pulled over by LAPD officers for not having a license plate on his motorcycle. The cops smelled alcohol, and he failed the breath test.

I don't know. I may be a little too old fashioned, but in my mind there is no logical reason in the world to explain why a 43 year old man is driving an unlicensed Harley down Hollywood Boulevard at 3AM in the morning. It is not like he was going to pick up a hooker on his bike and get any action.

Bosworth is the only two-time Butkus Award winner in college football history. In 1987 he became one of the first famous athletes to be linked to steriod use, he was suspended for the Sooners' 1987 Orange Bowl game. This motorcycle incident will likely be regulated as the second most famous Harley experience The Boz is remembered for...

The first, of course, has to be the classic motocycle taking down the helicopter in the 1991 action film: Stone Cold.

3 comments:

surrounded in columbus said...

Poor Boz. Dashed expectations, career cut short by injury, and the big loss to the U his senior year were pretty bad. But being on the wrong end of Bo Jackson's single greatest highlight clip? That's just fate being cruel.

Andy said...

I can't believe to posted a BOZ update without any reference to Bo Jackson.

I will fix that right away.

Mikoyan said...

No, that's just fate paying him back for all the bad movies he's been in.