
It has been a while since I have taken a trip to the buffet table, so here we go...
- The Athletic Department confirmed the long standing rumor that there is a hockey game planned for Michigan Stadium. Expect to play Sparty on December 10, 2010. The marketing opportunities for this are endless, we can only hope the weather cooperates.
- Red Berenson signs a contract and the Hockey team prepares for the CCHA playoffs on Friday March 13th at Yost.
- As a kid, beside Ohio State, my least favorite teams were the NY Yankees, Boston Celtics, and the Montreal Canadians. The Canadians took a huge step towards cementing themselves in the rear of my list. I am glad their 100th season has turned into a nightmare. I hope they have many more to come.
- Desmond Howard, Rob Lytle, and Curtis Greer are on the 2009 ballot for the College Football Hall of Fame. Inductees will be announced on April 30th. I expect Desmond will get in easily.
- The Michigan Baseball team is 7-2, with all 9 games played somewhere in Florida. Coach Rich Maloney got his 500th win this week. They play Siena today and a doubleheader tomorrow in Port St, Lucie. Sunday they take on the NY Mets. The first home game of the season is March 20th. Brrrrrrrr.
- The Michigan Softball team is in Louisville this weekend for a tourney. They are 13-5 and ranked #6 in the nation. Their first home game is March 28th.
- Barring a miracle run the B10 Tourney, the Michigan Basketball team is likely headed to the NIT. Yawn.
- Last weekend was a tough one for the Penn State baseball team. They lost all four of their games to Texas, were shutout twice, scored a total of four runs, and got no-hit (by a former Phils draft pick) on Sunday. Ouch.
8 comments:
Canadiens....they use the French spelling....Arrogant pricks.
Big House hockey is on the calendar.
imagine if that hockey game sold out....would some people in the top rows in that stadium literally be over 100 yards from the rink?
Mark my word OG, the hockey game will sell out.
Yea there is no doubt that that game will sell out. If they're smart they'll market it nationally too and get it on ESPN or ABC or something.
Hamm.... I wonder if they will let us park on the grass at Pioneer to tailgate for this game? That would be awesome. My sons are already planning for it. You and your Dad are invited.
Another minor buffet type item to take advantage of this post: I discovered a website that I found interesting from a historical perspective regarding Michigan football. The site is called vintageuofm.tripod.com and has photos and autographs of Michigan players from prior to 1940. This site is not updated frequently but has some very interesting stuff on it. Just in case anyone is looking for something else to do at work.
Not sure if my dad would be attending as I don't want to deal with him and the cold again. Will either drag some member of the family (wife stepson) or better yet bring my old roommate who is also a big hockey fan. I already told him about ti and he's excited. He's been to one UM game with me when they played the Urban Meyer Utes and almost lost that one too. I don't see why they wouldn't allow tailgating of some kind since they have to park the people somewhere.
What's the word on a tailgate for the spring game is that still on?
Post a Comment