For some reason in a very short time I have developed a strong dislike for Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio. Over the years I have looked at most MSU coaches with pity -- but something about this guy just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it his close association with Jim Tressel, but there is no denying it exists.
1) He has a count-down clock installed counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until the Michigan game. Cute for blogs and Senator Tressel at basketball games - but if you need a clock to remind your players when a rivalry football game starts, you are in trouble.
2) He mocks Michigan and holds a moment of silence after we lose to Appy State last year.
3) He asks his players how long they are going to "Bow down" to Michigan to motivate them before the game last year.
4) His team responds in classic fashion losing to Michigan as only Sparty can, blowing a 10 point lead with 7 minutes left.
4) He gets pissed when Michigan players hold a moment of silence after beating his team and takes a short guy swipe at Mike Hart.
Just remember... pride comes before the fall.
We may be down this year, but I guarantee you it won't take us 6 years to return...
2002: I miss Bobby Williams.
2003: Chris Perry 51 carries.
2004: Braylon Edwards owns your soul.
2005: So much for being the underdog.
2007: Little Brother game.