After yesterday's soul-crushing loss to Air Force in the NCAA Hockey Tournament, I think there is only one thing left to do to break this string of embarrasment. GET RID OF THE YELLOW JERSEYS !!!!!
I am not just talking about the hockey team. I am suggesting we drop the yellow jersey from all sports. Baseball, yes. Softball, yes. Basketball, yes. Volleyball, yes. Our jersey colors should be Blue and White. Period. I know many of you will argue with me, but I have thought this through. I am right:
1) Yellow is a great trim color. You only need to look as far as the Pittsburgh Pirates to see what can happen to a team that thinks that yellow is OK as a primary color. Pretty soon you are wearing all kinds of combinations and everyone is making fun of you -- and you don't win anything for 30 years.
2) Yellow was a "bitchin" touch in 1992. The 1990's are a thing of the past. Next thing you know we are going to start seeing people with big hair and colorful lycra.
3) The yellow jersey is a bike race thing. It works for Lance Armstrong in France. It does not work for Michigan in Ann Arbor.
4) Although I think the Hockey team had them first, most people associate the yellow jersey with the FabFive and the Michigan Basketballl team. Next time you are walking into Crisler Arena, take a look up in the rafters and tell me how well that turned out.
5) Someone needs to put a stop to this before Adidas gives Rich Rodriguez any new ideas for the football team. Yes, that is Pat White. Yes, I photoshopped a winged helmet onto him. Yes, I would love to have someone like him playing QB for us. Just not the yellow jersey.