No Carlos Brown today. If we are smart -- I hope no Tate today. No need to hurt either one of them any more.
I had a vision this morning: Denard Robinson breaks the Michigan single game rushing record currently held by Ron Johnson (347 yards in 1968 vs Wisconsin).
looking on the bright side--gave my 4 tix to my sister and 3 of her kids for their first experience in The Big House and they got to see 4 touchdowns in their end zone in the 1st quarter...
Yea this game is an embarrassment. I find myself overly criticizing everything they do wrong though. D Rob is not good and I find I don't like it ever when he takes a snap. I see him moving to slot or some weird wildcat WR next year. The kickoff game is horrible. I know they're probably trying things but just kick the damn ball and go cover. Cost yourself a chance to shut them out.
The Defense has been getting alot of facemasks today.
Why do they show bobbleheads at halftime instead of the halftime shows? Gah. I hate listening to bobbleheads prattle on. And since Millen is a bobblehead now, I'm convinced that the networks really don't care.
The DSU band seemed like they were having a lot of fun participating fully in the series of waves in the 3rd quarter. (And to be honest, the 'whitest' thing the UM marching band could ever do is follow a historically black school's band with a 'salute to classic opera'. For those who complain about how piped in rock music disrespects the MBB, consider that to be the rebuttal.)
Happy for Cone getting to play. He's one of 'those who stayed' knowing he'd probably not get much more than garbage time and a degree.
It is nice to look at UM's schedule and see a few teams that are beatable provided the turnover margin is not -4. I think there's at least 2 wins there and maybe 4 with some improvement in things that can be coached (like not running into the punter or fumbling punts/kickoffs).
Oh yeah, tasty, tasty schadenfreude courtesy of the buckeyes today.
I'm really embarrassed by this game. This is the worst face of modern college football. Delaware State actually forfeited a game to take this beating for money? Nice message for their team and fans. If we wanted to contribute to a charity, I'm not sure I would have chosen the Delaware State Athletic Department. Didn't see the game, but I hope our players were at at least a little modest in their "celebrations."
By the end, the student section had stopped actually singing "you suck" they simply did the hand gesture without the words. It also was the first time that the student section gave an ovation to the opposing teams band performance (at half time) (instead of the normal booing). They also cheered for the Delaware Band who participated in the wave. Thankfully we did show some class.
Am I the only one that felt Denard should have been in a bit longer to get more passing reps in? If Tate is ever hurt and can't play, we need him to be more solid.
Dedicated to the fun loving online community of The MZone -- with a special nod to it's founder Yost. We welcome all contributions and opinions here, not just those viewed from the Michigan perspective. It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with someone or something here, but personal attacks will not be allowed.
If you have something you want to share, feel free to send us stuff at spawnofmzone at gmail dot com.
33 comments:
No Carlos Brown today. If we are smart -- I hope no Tate today. No need to hurt either one of them any more.
I had a vision this morning:
Denard Robinson breaks the Michigan single game rushing record currently held by Ron Johnson (347 yards in 1968 vs Wisconsin).
Now that would be something to watch!
too bad you guys aren't playing the University of Delaware. That would have been an interesting matchup when it comes to uniforms
Forcier starts.
I hope this is not a mistake.
!st drive. 5 plays.45 yards.
Touchdown Michael Shaw.
7-0
Denard takes the second series.
7 runs. 72 yards.
Touchdown Vincent Smith.
14-0
I wonder how many redshirts we will burn today ?
Blocked Punt.
Touchdown Brandon Graham.
21-0
That is very cool for him
Denard fumble
1 play. 38 yard TD pass.
Denard to Kelvin Grady.
28-0
T9 tells me she is leaving at halftime.
She thinks we should have taken a bye week.
This is starting to look like an X-Box game where I have the settings on "JV"
Denard touchdown run.
35-0
Delaware State has one first down, it came on a penalty. I am starting to worry about injuries in the offensive line. They happen.
looking on the bright side--gave my 4 tix to my sister and 3 of her kids for their first experience in The Big House and they got to see 4 touchdowns in their end zone in the 1st quarter...
wv=a2huronwouldbeabetteropponenttoday
Never thought I would be happy to see Sheridan in game. Shaw looks good. Our future looks good with all the freshman & soph getting playing time.
Yea this game is an embarrassment. I find myself overly criticizing everything they do wrong though. D Rob is not good and I find I don't like it ever when he takes a snap. I see him moving to slot or some weird wildcat WR next year. The kickoff game is horrible. I know they're probably trying things but just kick the damn ball and go cover. Cost yourself a chance to shut them out.
The Defense has been getting alot of facemasks today.
Why do they show bobbleheads at halftime instead of the halftime shows? Gah. I hate listening to bobbleheads prattle on. And since Millen is a bobblehead now, I'm convinced that the networks really don't care.
Bucks losing at Purdue 16-7 in the 3rd.
If they lose to the boilers, wow.
Boilers up 23-7
Yikes
Coner !
Cox for 57 yards,
56-6
My prediction is looking close.
We just broke the school record for total yards in a game. Almost 500 rushing yards.
Old record vs Mississippi in the 1992 Gator Bowl.
Bucks coming back.
Game is now 26-18.
7 minutes left.
They will win.
63-6 Final.
I am glad that is over.
No major injuries.
Minor and Brown did not play and we rushed for 6 touchdowns and almost 500 yards.
Turning to the OSU/Purdue game.
4th and 14 for Ohio State.
Incomplete.
Purdue ball. 2:16 left. Boilers up 26-18.
Ohio State has 2 time outs remaining
Upset alert
Bucks stop Purdue on 3rd down.... but Doug Worthington gets called for a face mask.
Ballgame.
onto the texas ou game
I ended up flipping it over to the Purdue-Intellectual Swamp game. Yeah Purdue!
our offense is trying to compete with the Browns offense for worst in the state
Funniest comment ever OG.
Never before have I done whatever the hell it is Purdue does after a 3rd down stop until today!
TUOS' streak of Big Ten road wins stops at 16 one shy of Michigan's record of 17. The leaders and best!
Is it just me or is this Texas Oklahoma game taking forever?
Shouldn't it have been close to over at 3pm and it wasn't eve the 4th quarter.
wow Purdue.
OU loses twice--once to Texas, and again with a re-injured Sam Bradshaw. Ouch.
Arkansas and the former MI QB Ryan Mallett up on Florida. Will he forever be known as such???
Mallet would have been a hell of a QB under Carr's system.
Other personal observations on the game:
The DSU band seemed like they were having a lot of fun participating fully in the series of waves in the 3rd quarter. (And to be honest, the 'whitest' thing the UM marching band could ever do is follow a historically black school's band with a 'salute to classic opera'. For those who complain about how piped in rock music disrespects the MBB, consider that to be the rebuttal.)
Happy for Cone getting to play. He's one of 'those who stayed' knowing he'd probably not get much more than garbage time and a degree.
It is nice to look at UM's schedule and see a few teams that are beatable provided the turnover margin is not -4. I think there's at least 2 wins there and maybe 4 with some improvement in things that can be coached (like not running into the punter or fumbling punts/kickoffs).
Oh yeah, tasty, tasty schadenfreude courtesy of the buckeyes today.
I'm really embarrassed by this game. This is the worst face of modern college football. Delaware State actually forfeited a game to take this beating for money? Nice message for their team and fans. If we wanted to contribute to a charity, I'm not sure I would have chosen the Delaware State Athletic Department. Didn't see the game, but I hope our players were at at least a little modest in their "celebrations."
By the end, the student section had stopped actually singing "you suck" they simply did the hand gesture without the words. It also was the first time that the student section gave an ovation to the opposing teams band performance (at half time) (instead of the normal booing). They also cheered for the Delaware Band who participated in the wave. Thankfully we did show some class.
Am I the only one that felt Denard should have been in a bit longer to get more passing reps in? If Tate is ever hurt and can't play, we need him to be more solid.
Catie:
I agree with you on Denard, but there really wasn't any point in having him roll up 100 points against DSU.
I am glad to hear the fans at the stadium recognized the Approaching Storm. I wish I had been there to watch halftime.
Post a Comment