Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gameday 2009 - Iowa Open Thread

Hayden Vader: He is here.
Kirk Tarkin: Obi-Wan Kenobi! What makes you think so?
Hayden Vader: A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master.
Kirk Tarkin: Surely he must be dead by now.
Hayden Vader: Don't underestimate the Force.
Kirk Tarkin: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.

Iowa Force


Go Blue !!!!
Beat Iowa !!!

73 comments:

Voice of Reason said...

Michigan Vs. Iowa tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAAl2zfk684

Michigan is the good guys.

Andy said...

Sparty beating up the Illini 14-0.

It looks like Glenn Winston just blew up his knee.
No comment.

surrounded in columbus said...

Karma.

Andy said...

Juice Williams in at QB for the Zookers.

Sparty leads 24-7.

surrounded in columbus said...

MSU-Illi on BTN & Minn- Purdue on E2. Neither Purdue nor Illinois look like they are going to turn things around.

Bigasshammm said...

I no longer fear Wisconsin.
Given we play a near perfect game offensively we can take down Iowa. Tate Skywalker can do magic things with his mysterious freshman powers. Let's just hope they execute.

Bigasshammm said...

Also 8pm games suck. I continue to be sick as hell and I have to wait all damned day for a game that could very well send me to bed even sicker. Thank you "Angry Schedule Hating God."

Andy said...

I caught my first break of the day.

The Phillies NLDS game was postponed tonight. Bad weather in Denver.

I don't have to switch between Michigan and the Phillies. Let's hope Michigan does not make me regret this reduction of options.

whetstonebuck said...

Hammster,

Sorry you're sick, bummer. On the bright side, congrats on the new addition.

"I no longer fear Wisconsin."

Dude, don't go there. Wisconsin moved the ball all day on one of the better defensive units in the conference if not the country. Their time of possession was unbelievable. I know you all put your trust in St. Tate, but if he can't get on the field it might be a long afternoon for you guys.

Just sayin'.

616goblue said...

Sixth game of the season and its the first one I'm not there in person.

Can someone explain to me why Erin Andrews is at the CU-UT game and NOT at the game in Iowa City?

The Buffs are 1-3 for cryin' out loud!

Hamm, get better soon, I will not need to text you about replays and stuff today...

wv=nobloodymarysbeforenoontoday

TitleIX said...

beer? check.
spawn? check.
hi-def? check.

GAME ON !!!

GO BLUE

TitleIX said...

is anyone going to peek at the Florida or Texas games??

f/w/i/w: dumb idea to play Tebow

TitleIX said...

nice tie herbie. really. it's cool

TitleIX said...

PICK 6

616goblue said...

my dog FREAKED OUT when I was yelling at the top of my lungs when Warren picked six--beeotch!

wv=beerme

Andy said...

Thank you Ricky Stanzi. May I have another?

TitleIX said...

The Force is strong with him

Andy said...

Now that Vincent Smith is getting some play time...

We lead the nation tiny dudes.

TitleIX said...

don't drive towards 55

616goblue said...

#55 brings the hurt to little brothers who got out of jail and quarterbacks.

I'm just sayin'

wv=badintentions

kristy said...

when brandon graham destroys a quarterback with a great sack is that called a "graham cracker"? Love seeing that QB eat some turf. GO BLUE, BEAT DOWN THOSE HAWKS!!
wv=spater
seems appropriate

kristy said...

hey thanks to Andy for the info. on the jersey issue. This site is great, fun little jibes at the "foes" and useful items as well. I love being a Wolverine!!

Catie said...

Oh my!!!! GO BLUE@!!!!!!

Graham is a stud!

Andy said...

14-13.

Tate has been responsible for all most all the points on both sides.

TitleIX said...

musberger has a creepy laugh

Andy said...

Tate is getting to the ground faster in game 6 than he did in game 1 or 2.

Andy said...

Nice to we are not the only team with shotgun snap issues

Andy said...

Good god our safties are terrible.

Williams is killing us tonight.

TitleIX said...

ok we just plain suck at defense

poor babies

TitleIX said...

finally stopped on a 3rd down....

Andy said...

For the first time all year, I am not disgusted with our linebacker play.

Andy said...

Turnovers killing me tonight

TitleIX said...

there better be some SERIOUS half time adjustments
we are just beating ourselves

TitleIX said...

only down by 6 could be soooooo much worse

Andy said...

Halftime. Down 20-14.
Caught a HUGE break with iowa's last delay penalty. That kicker would have made a 47 yarder.

Need to hold onto the football.

Outside of Williams - I am not so embarrassed by the defense. Graham is killing his guy on almost every play.
Take care of the football and we can win this game.

Jim said...

Agree it could have been worse...but you could say the same for Iowa. I think we're still in decent shape. If we can just hold onto the ball and cut down on the big plays on 3rd down...

Bigasshammm said...

They should be winning this game honestly. I'm starting to think they can win with a not perfect offensive performance. Remember Tate shines in the 4th. If only he played like that the first 3 quarters.

Anyway I'm extremely medicated and drinking beer so if I don't post again after tonight you all can assume the worst. Been experimenting with different nasal sprays and other misc drug concoctions around the house. Also mixed Jager with honey and that was disgusting. Oh well second half soon.

TitleIX said...

BAH--
you need to take better care of yourself....you know, for the bacon

Andy said...

Beer is all you need to get better.

TitleIX said...

more beer please....

616goblue said...

Hamm has been able to text coherently in the first half...in case SpawnNation is concerned

wv=wegottheballtostartthe2ndhalf

TitleIX said...

why wouldn't you cover the locker room with black to get rid of that pink????

Andy said...

Big Will Campbell gets into the game at DT. We are getting pushed around right now as Iowa rediscovers they have a massive size advantage on the line.

We are gonna need some help from Stanzi in the form of a interception.

Andy said...

Bo used to cover the pink with white paper. Sometimes it did not matter. We struggled many years against Hayden Fry.

TitleIX said...

I fear that we are going to see Sheridan....

TitleIX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merrick 561 said...

as far as I'm concerned.. the 1st half was a win... Yong teeam, Frosh and QB away form home in a VERY HOSTILE envrionment... Regardless of the outcome.. The future is BRIGHT!!!!

Andy said...

That Microsft Windows Phone commercial creeps me out.

The white tights are very disturbing.

I may go out an buy an IPhone just as a form of protest.

Andy said...

I formation almost the entire drive. Brandon Minor carries the entire team to a TD.

21-23.

616goblue said...

Hamm is doing well...dude is able to text and consume adult beverage (barley malts and jager are his faves) and even able to care for his daughter...dude has it all going on

wv=hammissuperdad

Andy said...

Brandon Graham just rushed the QB and make the tackle on the wide out.

BEAST !

Andy said...

Ugggg

Fumbled punts.

Andy said...

Don't look into the eyes of Herky.

You may never recover.

616goblue said...

STEVIE BROWN!

Andy said...

RR is pissed. We blew a timeout rather than take a 6 inch penalty.

Not very smart.

TitleIX said...

this underachieving, shoot yourself in the foot stuff is KILLING me
we should be leading this game....

TitleIX said...

so backed up that far against our own zone call a damned QB sneak to get yourself some room

that whole series was ridiculous

and then the gunner misses the guy every time down is getting old

with their TD it's like a freakin' mulligan.

Down by 9 early in the 4th with only 1 TO left.
4 turnovers on the road.

brutal.

Andy said...

Deep sigh. We are making their tight end look like Antoino Gates and Anthony Gonzales wrapped into one.

Iowa leads 30-21. We will need some real magic to pull this one out.

TitleIX said...

fwiw---
Andy called this game at 28-17 Iowa

Andy said...

The sharks are circling.

Tate needs to get his bearings back. He is looking like a freshman.

Denard time ?

Andy said...

Finally. Iowa gets a holding call. 41 minutes too late.

Andy said...

Iowa has a great set of special teams players on punt coverage.

We have not gotten one inch.

Jim said...

Tate's getting a little chucky.

Andy said...

Florida beats LSU

Andy said...

Denard

TitleIX said...

so, guess what....
Denard is going to run the ball every time
just FYI

TitleIX said...

but he's fast, so it works

Jim said...

So now who goes in when we get it back? Denard's moving the ball, but...

Andy said...

Denard makes it 30-28.

Need a 3 and out to have a shot.

Sure wish we had those timeouts.

Andy said...

I am starting to hate that RR bewildered look. He just did it again after the failed onside kick.

Need a defensive stop or we are done.

Jim said...

Easy to say now, but I would have preferred Tate. Denard panicked

Andy said...

30-28 final.

5 turnovers.

Freshman.

I would have put Tate back in for the last drive.
We are gonna be ok. Gotta get Delaware State and Purdue.

Bigasshammm said...

I totally blame RR for the loss at the end. Tate should have been in regardless of how "pissed" RR was with his play. If Tate was in we probably get a chance at the game winning field goal. Oh well. I just Nyquilled up and am going to try to sleep tonight. Crosses fingers.