A few things I noted from the outset:
1) Nothing from Detroit's Big 3, but a large number of entries from Toyota (they said TRANNY heh heh heh heh), Hyundai, and Audi.
2) Miller High Life placed a cheaper spot in the pregame stuff ranting about the cost of Superbowl Ads and how they only needed one second for theirs (called Warehouse). Then within the game they did a brilliant (and cheap) one second shout-out to "High Life". Hysterical!
3) I really needed the 3-D glasses and probably missed out on the SoBe fun (oh well)
4) NBC filled in with some 'free' advertising (including the LMAO syndrome, Alec Baldwin as an alien, Hereos football game, and Jay Leno in a 10 car) You can go to hulu.com to find them all.
Bridgestone PotatoHeads
Budweiser Clydesdale Fetch
CareerBuilder.com
Coke Zero Troy Polamalu
E*Trade Broken Wings
GoDaddy Shower
11 comments:
Danica! Danica! Danica!
How can you mention it and then not list the High Life commercial as a choice. It was clearly the only commercial that was thought out and funny. They really sucked this year. I was surprised at Danica being in those commercials as she has strived to show that girls can race too and then she goes and totally degrades herself. Commercials like that should be banned from the SB since it's hard to watch with kids around and try to explain why that's ok. Also the completely moronic cheerleaders vs couch potatoes wipeout was also shameless.
Lots of good movie trailers though that was my highlight. GI Joe and the new Transformers.
The High Life wins for me.
BAH---
couldn't figure out how to embed the High Life one,which is why the links are up top.
Also, my editing colleague pulled a few of the other options out.
The one I really liked was the Coke flight of the bumblebee and Pepsi Max, "I'm good"
I also liked e-trade's "shankopatomus" which you can only see on their website e-trade.com/baby
High Life definitely wins for the smartest use of $$$$
COMPLETELY agree about the Danica ads--demeaning and degrading and she shouldn't have participated in that way.
All in all the commercials were super weak.
For some reason none of the commercials are available.
Anyone else ?
They are back on. Hulu.com must be getting slammed today.
Yes, I had to narrow the choices down because the post was going to be too big and take WAAAAAAY to long to load.
Re: Danica
T9 and I are on the opposite ends of the gender barrier on this one. I don't know that much about advertising, but what I do know is that sex sells. This is not the first time that Danica has used her sex-appeal to fill her pocketbook with cash. Personally I don't have any problem with it.
I will admit it was a little wierd watching that commercial with my daughter in the room, but oh well...give the people what they want.
if you actually go to godaddy.com and watch the rest of the commercial it is kinda funny in that the screen goes blank and then Danica and the German teacher make the three guys do stupid slapstick stuff.
Danica says her mother thought it was funny so I guess there ya go....
I don't really give a crap about degrading to herself personally but I thought she was trying to uphold this image that girls can race and do guy things too and still be sexy. Then she goes and does a slutty ad campaign. Not really upholding her values there and pretty much just selling out to the all mighty dollar. The sex associated with the SB is getting kind of out of hand with all the "alternative" half time shows that are always on every year. It's really sad.
I thought she was trying to uphold this image that girls can race and do guy things too and still be sexy.
Hammm I am pretty sure she can still race after she takes showers and gets America all hot and bothered.
Danica has always used her sex appeal to drive her image. GoDaddy has used sex to gain a brand name long before Danica. It is a natural fit.
so to speak...
Post a Comment