Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Nothing happens unless first a dream.
~ Carl Sandberg

Keep in mind... if the Arizona Cardinals can make it to the Super Bowl, so can the Detroit Lions. Enjoy the game (and the commercials) everyone. I will be cheering hard for a Cardinal win and Steve Breaston to take home the MVP.

47 comments:

GoBlueBob said...

Andy... What are you doing posting stuff at that early hour of the morning? I do not have a favorite in this game and just hope that it is not a blowout either way. Don't think that will happen but you never know.

Sorry I was not able to get any pictures at the hockey game last night. I was not able to borrow my son's camera and the pictures I took with my cell phone camera sucked. I will try to take some next weekend. There are home games on both Friday and Saturday for the next two weekends so I should be able to get some pics. I was not excited about the outcome of the game last night but ND has a very good team. The other thing I noticed was that they played hard and checked hard, but were not thugs after the whistle like MSU. Michigan played them fairly well and almost had a comeback but just could not get that tying goal at the end. I do not know if you had a chance to see the game, but the disallowed goal right at the end was a bad call. The ref at the blue line whistled the play dead while the other ref who was right to the side of the goal did not. Based on the rules, the whistle did blow prior to the goal being scored, but I think it was an early whistle. Anyway, I think we will see both teams in the CCHA playoff final four and hopefully in the frozen four again.

Andy said...

Believe me, I am not up that early on a Sunday.

Blogger allows you to queue posts for release at a certain time.

surrounded in columbus said...

Thread jack - & public service announcement - next years frozen four is @ ford field in Detroit. NCAA.com made the ticket application available last night @ midnight. With a little luck, we might see Red & the Boys their next season.

GoBlueBob said...

I was thinking you were just getting home at that time from a wild Texas Saturday night.

GoBlueBob said...

sic.. Thanks for that public service announcement. I will have to apply for tickets just in case. It would be great to see Red and the guys play in the frozen four in person. Even if they do not make it, I would enjoy seeing those games.

Andy said...

I think I am going to be in DC this year for the frozen four. I hope my team is.

GoBlueBob said...

Andy,

I know you are a Lions fan but please do not get your hopes up about the Lions making it to a Super Bowl just because Arizona did. There is a glaring difference between the Lions and any other NFL team and that is William Clay Ford. The Clay is the only gray matter this guy has and as long as he is around the Lions will suck. I used to watch the Lions just to watch Barry Sanders and when he retired early that sent a big message to me that he was not willing to put up with the crap anymore and just decided enough was enough. If Barry had played on any other team with any other owner, he would have every rushing recored there is. Since he has been gone I do not watch the Lions. For your sake, I hope Ford sells the team or steps down and lets his son run it. Until then, do not expect much from them.

TitleIX said...

anyone notice that Keith Olberman is head and shoulders taller/bigger than Tiki Barber??

and--here in the 313 vicinity the NBC affiliate is running a banner everytime Matt Millen is on, asking veiwers to go to clickondetroit.com and comment about just how much he sucks. I kid you not.

GoBlueBob said...

Million, er Millen is still the highest paid executive on the Lions. If I was him I would be embarrassed to even take the paycheck. What a loser....

Andy said...

I will be the first to admit that William Clay Ford is a dumb-ass and incompetent owner. But remember, for years people claimed the Cardinals were the worst org in the NFL because of their ownership.

It isn't the owners missing tackles and blocks.

Bigasshammm said...

I don't care who wins as long as at the end of one of the quarters/game Pissburgh's score is 9 and Arizona's is 5. Or P-3 and A-1. I'll be very happy with a 33-21 Pburgh win or @1-13 Arizona win.

TitleIX said...

borrrring.....

Andy said...

Breaston with a couple of catches and the cardinals make it a game.

Andy said...

Nice punt return STEVIE !!!

Andy said...

E*trade baby singing commercial takes the lead so far.

Andy said...

Wow. What a strange turn at the end of the half.

Andy said...

17-7 steelers at halftime. The cards blew a golden opportunity to tie or take the lead. I will be shocked if they recover from that turn.

gh said...

Harrison is #1 on the MVP watch!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!

TitleIX said...

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy said...

Harrison gets another turnover - it will be reviewed. But it looked like a fumble by warner to me.

Andy said...

My bad. It was an pass attempt

TitleIX said...

and the Cardinals implode.....

Andy said...

Is the holder a protected player like the kicker ?

Andy said...

Career builder punching to koala bear takes the commercial lead.

TitleIX said...

no way! that was terrible

TitleIX said...

Larry Fitzgerald.
Wow.

TitleIX said...

double WOW

Andy said...

Oh my goodness...

Cards take the lead.

Andy said...

2 minute warning. Cardinals by 3. This has been a great game.

Andy said...

Oveertime ?

Andy said...

Touchdown steelers. Holmes makes a great catch. Oh well.

Andy said...

Steelers win. Wow. Woodley caused the fumble at the end.

ohio_guy said...

Only one Buckeye in the game....and he walks away with the MVP award. not too shabby

gh said...

what is it with pittsburgh teams and 34-35 seconds.???

Lovin this..... YAY STEELERS!!!!!

TitleIX said...

yeah yeah yeah OG
props to you guys...

SleepingwiththeEnemy said...

Not that it matters, but did Woodley cover up his Woody Woodpecker tat? It looked like he has a dragon or something on his arm now, anyone else notice that?

Shorty the Beachcomber said...

Woodley 2 sacks in 4 straight postseason games. Amazing... never been done in 3 straight before him. What a beast.

surrounded in columbus said...

former drug dealer wins mvp. maahvalous.

did he admit to dealing drugs in high school AND college? or just high school?

hard to keep straight (though i'm pretty sure most of the domestic violence charges came when he was pro).

616goblue said...

Best Super Bowl ever.

Michigan alumns did themselves proud.

Bodies were flying all over the field. One of the best hitting games ever.

whetstonebuck said...

Geez, SiC, let it go.

I noticed you haven't mentioned Michael BongBoy Phelps. All we heard about during the Olympics was his Michigan affiliation and now...chirp.

Plenty of skeletons to go around.

Shorty the Beachcomber said...

Whets,
I'll say it... sad day. Former Coc dealin' domestic woman beatin' buckeye wins MVP and Phelps proves what many of us already suspected... that despite his gift he is in fact a complete douche. Sad, sad day. I have to just keep focusing on Breaston and Woodley, that's what all of us here are trying to do.

P.S. Not the best Super Bowl ever. Super Bowls XXXVI and XLII were better. Kevin Dyson one yard short and David F*cking Tyree.

whetstonebuck said...

Shorty,

I live in Arizona. It is a sad day indeed.

One need not look far to find skeletons in most closets. Seems a waste of energy to stay focused on such.

Shorty the Beachcomber said...

whets,
That's why I'm focusing on Breaston and Woodley.

srudoff said...

Props to Larry Foote for giving love to the "Doughboys" during his intro instead of UM

Bigasshammm said...

What's wrong with a shoutout to your highschool team?

I would have liked if they had at least reviewed that last fumble. I think that could have been called an incompletion as well. Yes he hit the ball in his hand but Warner was still able to throw it forward and if you watch there was still rotation on the ball. Would have made for one hell of an exciting finish with 10 seconds left and 2 shots at the endzone.

srudoff said...

the refs were terrible the whole game - the one roughing call against arizona was an absolute joke, PLUS where was the intentional grounding on that play??? no one within 20 yards of the ball.

reminded me too much of the osu texas game - scored too soon, allowed the other team to go ahead with less than a minute, then watched a statue of a qb not win it in the end

Bigasshammm said...

No intentional grounding because the ball was hit/tipped. Unless you're talking about Worthlessburger's and they diagramed that amazingly he was out of the tackles. Not sure which roughing penalty you're questioning but if it's the field goal then that was clearly a penalty as he steam trained right over the holder and that's a penalty in any league or age group. My wife tried to say he tripped and I was like yea he did but he still ran right over the guy and pushed him down which was a dumb move on his part. Arizona showed their age and lack of playing in the big game. It's what ultimately bit them. Albeit Harrison should have been ejected for his personal foul as it was tantamount to assault.